Saturday, December 19, 2009

Laos People

One of the reasons I love Laos so much has to be the people. I have never seen such happy, playful kids while the adults are laid back and their picturesque, colourful lives continue despite the growing presence of tourists. Bargaining is fun and even when someone is trying to sell you something it is more of a game, compared to countries where the desperation for the dollar shines through.

In villages, and by the riverside I came across people and scenes that touched my heart. What a beautiful, authentic country! And by authentic I mean... not packaged according to what people think tourists want to see!



We saw children a lot younger than this with babies on their backs














Monks collect alms in Luang Prabang


School is out in Luang Prabang


Fisherman in the Mekong, Vang Vieng


Puppies and children - the world over!




 Vang Vieng


Bath time in Laos, a river affair

Luang Prabang


It's my chicken!!!


And away...




 Washing clothes in the Mekong


Sabadeeeee - high five!!!


Seriously - you wanna buy my rat!!
















Children outside Xiang Men temple, Luang Prabang


Luang Prabang


See-saw!




 

 

 My bike is big enough for me


Enjoying the Winter years




 Bath time for little girls


oooh not the hair!


And Rinse!




 

 
Laughter - beyond language barriers!



Look at the puppy in the basket




 

No comments:

Post a Comment