Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Losing Time

So when I was planning this holiday I mentioned it to my dear Belgian friend Evy who I met in SA. Turns out she was also in dire need of some time away and we co-ordinated our trip with her arriving in Bangkok about a week after me. For some reason I planned to come back from Kanchanaburi and meet her in the afternoon on the 9 November.

While in Kanchanaburi she emailed me and said she was arriving at 725am on the 10th, I was super confused, but had already bought a bus ticket back to Bangkok for 12pm on the 9th so thought all would be ok.

At breakfast, I was telling Jolise about this little confusion and she stares at me blankly for a moment before announcing: "Today is the 10th." I giggled nervously.... "er no, it can't be". "Yes," she said firmly, "it is".

Panic set in... it was 830am, Evy would have arrived and I was nowhere to be found, my phone's battery had died the night before and there was no way to get hold of her. Friendship Hell here I come!!!

Luckily I managed to call Richard in Bangkok whose phone number was on the email giving her directions to her place in the hope she would call him.

I arrived four hours after her, distraught and sweaty, to find Evy sleeping in the lobby and promptly burst into tears. All completely ridiculous of course as she can totally look after herself - but I felt like a real ass!!!

Evy and I exploring Bangkok

No comments:

Post a Comment